söndag 25 oktober 2009

Un Capitán de Quince Años (1974)



Adventure. France/Spain. Starring José Manuel Marcos, Edmund Purdom, Howard Vernon, William Berger. Directed by Jesus Franco.

VML (Holland). French with dutch subtitles. Fullscreen.

This low budget Jules Vernes-adaption is almost universally loathed, even amongst Jess Franco fans, but I like it: a nice, relaxing adventure film with a fun cast. I think same whale harpooning footage is also used in another loathed spanish adaption of the same Jules Verne story, that I also happen to like: Juan Piquer Simón's Sea Devils. 3/5

1 kommentar:

  1. I have this film on Spanish retail vhs and like it too. It is fairly faithful to the novel, especially the first half of the film or so. Of the actors cast as black slaves only a few look remotely the part, which I found rather amusing...

    SvaraRadera